Royal Caribbean offers an autism friendly initiative for families living with autism, down syndrome and other developmental disabilities. This includes sensory friendly films and toys, dietary menu options, and overall autism friendly training for Adventure Ocean staff and more.
Royal Caribbean offers a wide range of autism friendly products and services, and they include:
- • Priority check-in, boarding and departure
- • Special dietary accommodations including gluten-free and dairy-free
- • Adventure Ocean flexible grouping by ability for children 3 to 11 years old
- • Adventure Ocean toilet-trained policy exception
- • Pagers/phones for parents of children in Adventure Ocean program while signed into our care (subject to availability)
Availability: These Autism Friendly products and services are available on all cruises.
In addition, Autism on the Seas offers “Staffed Cruises” catering to families with children, teens and adults with autism and other developmental disabilities. These “Staffed Cruises” include:
- • Extra professionally trained staff in caring for individuals with developmental disabilities (provided at one staff member for every two-three special needs guests)
- • Assistance with Royal Caribbean’s products and services
- • Specialized respite sessions
- • Private activities and sessions
Availability: Autism on the Seas “Staffed Cruises” are offered on select cruises.